In order to develop an appropriate system of assistive technology devices and services, teams must first gather information about the student, the customary environments in which the student spends time, and the tasks that are required for the student to be an active participant in the teaching/learning processes. Information gathered through this process should be obtained through observations in all school environments, interviews with all team members including the student and family and a thorough file review. Forms from the Assessing Students’ Needs for Assistive Technology (ASNAT), 5th edition are used for the information gathering phase.
- Virginia AT Assessment Student Profile
- AT for Seating, Positioning and Mobility
- AT for Communication
- AT for Computer Access
- AT for Composition of Written Material
- AT for Reading
- AT for Mathematics
- AT for Organization
- AT for Recreation and Leisure
- AT for Blind / Low Vision
- AT for Deaf / Hard of Hearing
- Environmental Observation Guide
- Family Information Questionnaire (Virginia)
- Student Questionnaire (Virginia)
- Hey! Can I Try That?